Wednesday 28 October 2015

Summer recap no 6 - Shapeless skirt into dress-tunic

 This piece was something I had lingering around for years. I bought this piece of fabric more than 10 years ago in Ljubljana, when I needed an instant swimming suit cover-up, and once I brought it home, I have converted it in a 'skirt' without making any cuts to the fabric. Several years later, I found that darts forming the waist of the skirt became disintegrated, and I was left with something that used to be a skirt.
 

The print being so fun and the fabric of good quality I decided to make the simplest choice - remove remaining darts and zipper carefully and make the boat neck dress-tunic. It is perfectly fun and I plan to keep it as multi-season piece which could liven up a dark autumn combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment